For all Geologists – from the newly-interested to the practiced professional.
On September 10th, a special train will depart to traverse spectacular geology along the Cumbres & Toltec track. Experiencing the incredible overviews of the Rio Grande Rift, the eruptive evidence of the San Juan Volcanic Field, the Precambrian core of the Tusas Mountains, recent glacial deposits, and snapshots of the Jurassic, will not be enough. This special train will stop at many outcroppings and rail cuts along the right of way, so passengers may mingle, marvel, and collect photographs. These unique experiences are only accessible on the train route.
The opportunities are priceless:
- Join a cadre of distinguished Geologists for a truly extraordinary day on the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad.
- The railroad passes through one of the most unique, varied geologic areas in the U.S. and it is the ONLY way to see all those sights.
- See metamorphic rock as old as that at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
- The train will make a number of stops along the route to allow the Geologists to interpret the various Geologic points of interest.
- Lunch at Osier, Colorado is included in the ticket price.
- View and marvel at volcanoes, unusual rock formations, multiple volcanic deposits, tunnels, and an untouched landscape.
- A mile by mile Geologic rail log will be provided to each participant.
Geology Train Trip Options:
- Bus from Chama to Antonito, Return to Chama by Train
- 7:00 AM Chama to Antonito by Bus/ Lunch at Osier Station/ Return to Chama by Train 6:00 PM
- Train from Antonito to Chama, Return to Antonito by Bus
- 8:30 AM Antonito to Chama by Train/ Lunch at Osier Station/ Return to Antonito by Bus 7:15 PM
All Fares Are Subject To A 7% Historical Preservation Fee.
For Reservations By Phone: 1-888-286-2737